After working for 15 years in the corporate world in marketing communications, and several years as a stay-at-home mother and yoga teacher, I returned to graduate school in 2004 and earned a Masters in Clinical Social Work from Columbia University in NYC. At Columbia my clinical training focused on psychodynamic and cognitive behavioral therapy, family systems, and motivational interviewing. I worked in mental health agencies in Connecticut before focusing on private practice in 2010. In 2017 I moved my practice to the Upper West Side of NYC.
I continue to seek out and train with innovators in the field and have earned certification in AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) and EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy), and level 3 in EMDR. I am a certified AEDP supervisor and supervise and train clinicians in AEDP. Currently I am participating in an intensive certificate program in the science of Positive Psychology. My work is informed by ongoing interest and study in mindfulness and yoga.
I am a member of the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Social Workers
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Institute
- New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Yoga Alliance
- International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Kripalu Yoga Teachers Association